Sunday, April 14, 2013

Quality Time

The other night I stopped over to finally give Nicole her luggage and got to see Kayla and Jaeden. I was chatting with Kay and reminding her to ask her mother if it's okay for us to get together on May 4th. It's been at least two months since Kayla and I have had a chance to sit and catch up. Jaeden, who is nearly twelve, quietly said from across the room, "I wanna spend time with Aunt Lisa..." I turned to Jae and said, "You want some one on one with Star?" He nodded sweetly and I pointed at him and said, "You're on little man! Ask yer mom if it's cool and you and I will totally hang out." A huge grin broke across his cute lil' face and that's when Kayla felt the need to explain, "Jaeden, if you hang out with Aunt Lisa there's no TV or video games. The TV is in a different room, you basically just sit and talk about your feelings." I'm not sure if Kayla was trying to prepare him or maybe wasn't keen on sharing me with her younger brother, but Jaeden's response was nothing short of adorable. With pure sincerity in his voice he said to his sister, "Well, I was talking to Aunt Lisa upstairs in the hallway and I had a great time." Man, I am just surrounded by remarkably wonderful kids.

No comments: