Thursday, April 11, 2013

Camino, Here I Come!

So, I am giving serious consideration to doing the Camino de Santiago next year. I've wanted to since Christmas Day 2011 and although I won't be able to complete the entire walk at once, I think I might be able to swing half in 2014 and then finish it in 2015. It isn't ideal, splitting up the walk like this, but getting a month off from work is just not possible at this time. This weekend I plan on starting the book Cerpts sent to me - To the Field of Stars - and the latest one I picked up, Gerald Kelly's Camino de Santiago Practical Preparation and Background. Am I utterly mad for thinking about doing this? Not that my insanity has ever stopped me in the past...


(photo kidnapped from amazon)

3 comments:

Cerpts said...

Your not mad - at least not madder than me. I too have dreamed of doing the camino for a couple years. Sadly my health has deteriorated so much that as things now stand I know I wouldn't be able to do it anymore. So if I can live vicariously through you, I can think of no greater thrill than for you to show me your camino book full of stamps after completing it!

Cerpts said...

Oh and you have to let me know how the Gerald Kelly book is. I've never read a true "preparatory guide" to the camino and have not known which one is best to read.

Cerpts said...

Oh and have I mentioned lately just how much I admire you? Not just because of your wish to try the camino but because of your recent trip to Italy (another dream of mine I'll never realise) and many other things that make you you. You're an inspiration in my dull, dark life.