Saturday, January 5, 2013

And Everything Is Going Fine

Not knowing much about Spalding Gray, but always feeling like he was an interesting fella, I was really anxious to finally watch Soderbergh's And Everything Is Going Fine. I'm not a huge fan of Steven Soderbergh's films, but this one was brilliant from beginning to end. What a fabulous portrait he created by seamlessly unfolding Spalding's life through interviews, performance pieces, and home movies. I loved every moment.

(photo kidnapped from impawards)

3 comments:

Cerpts said...

I've been a fan of Spalding Gray since the early 80s, I guess, after seeing his one man shows SWIMMING TO CAMBODIA and MONSTER IN A BOX as well as several others on cd. I was totally unaware of this film but being a fan of Spalding I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Star said...

my pleasure! and i assure you, you won't be disappointed.

Cerpts said...

It's already on its way from nutflux . . . as is MONSTER IN A BOX which I haven't seen for years since it's on a VHS tape I taped offa some cable channel like PRISM maybe. . .