Friday, March 2, 2012

The Height of Cool

In late 1976, the year I was born, Pax went with some friends to CBGB's to see Television. Pax was never a big fan of large social situations, so at one point during the show he decided to duck out to the alley and smoke a joint. Just after flame touched paper, a man came walking toward Pax. "Hey, hey man, can I get some of that, hey man, can I?" Pax was more than happy to share a toke or two with the legendary Iggy Pop. Soon some of Iggy's friends came over and hollered, "Jim, c'mon, Jim, we gotta go." Iggy Pop put his arm around Pax and said, "Hey, man, this here, this here's my new friend, what's your name?" "It's Pax." "cool, cool... Pax, my new friend Pax!"
And so there, in a New York alley way, Pax smoked a joint with the true Godfather of Punk. That, dear reader, is the most bad-ass, crazy rock 'n' roll thing I have ever heard.

No comments: