Thursday, October 6, 2011

Subtle Genius

John Cazale. What an effortless talent. Growing up I'd always known his name because his line in Dog Day Afternoon, "Wyoming" stood out for my father and grandfather. They often spoke of what a hilarious moment that was in the film. My mother on the other hand did not care for the language - "utterly abhorrent!" - but to this day still loves to quote Fredo in Godfather II. Since I have four or more stars for each of John's films in my Netflix account, they finally got around to recommending I Knew It Was You: Rediscovering John Cazale the other day. I only wish it was a longer documentary with more about the man than about his craft. It was so awesome to hear his peers and colleagues speak so highly of him. The DVD also boasts special features that include a short film that John starred in (The American Way) as well as one that he filmed (The Box). Definitely check out all things John Cazale because the man does not disappoint.














(photo kidnapped from bam)

No comments: