Saturday, November 20, 2010

Another Find at Murphy's Loft

I was at Murphy's Loft the other day and discovered that they have tons of old postcards! Here's one that was mailed October 22nd 1931 to Mary B. Smith of Butler, Pennsylvania from her daughter Mary in Philadelphia. Mary wrote to inform her mother that she would be leaving in two hours to meet Jack in New York. I could sit and think for hours as to who Mary was and why she was meeting Jack in The Big Apple. Mary sure sounds like like a sweet Catholic girl...

2 comments:

Cerpts said...

How dare you go to Murphy's Loft without me. I'm sure that is in some way a violation of the marital contract!

Star said...

well, it is right around the corner from my brothers' house, so if they drag me there against my will when i'm visiting, what can i do???