Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kris Kristofferson

As a little girl, I remember sitting beside the Hi-Fi, looking at my mother's albums and being captivated by the cover photograph of Barbra Streisand's A Star Is Born. It's so beautiful and intimate that I always felt the need to glance over my shoulder to make sure that no one saw me staring at the gorgeous naked couple in the picture. Streisand's hair is wild and fabulous and Kristofferson is so clearly enamored of her.

Many years later my appreciation for Kris Kristofferson grew. I saw him in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore and watching him grinning in the diner, driving that old pick-up, and mending the fence in the breeze just makes my toes curl and my heart beat faster. And the thing is, he is so much more than just a handsome fella; Rhodes scholar, singer, songwriter, actor, former helicopter pilot and Army Captain, just to name a few. Accomplished, brilliant, and still as handsome as ever...

(photo kidnapped from bjsmusic)

4 comments:

Cerpts said...

You failed to mention the TRUE story behind that cover photo:

You see, before the photographer began, some prankster got to the two megastars and put superglue on their hands. They're STUCK THAT WAY, dude!!!

Star said...

damn, and all this time i thought it was for real. gosh darn superglue!

emily rose said...

oh that man - he is nothing short of perfection! and what a GREAT film with none of than the fabulous ellen burstyn whom you know how much i adore!!!!

as for the picture - i need to cool down....

Star said...

i know!! he is undeniably beautiful in every way.