Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Twenty-Five Favourites

Here are my top 25 favourite songs of all time, in no particular order, well, aside from the first which is my all time favourite song.

The Velvet Underground "Lisa Says" live in Houston, TX 1969
Nat 'King' Cole "The Very Thought of You"
The Smiths "I Know It's Over"
Morrissey "Seasick, Yet Still Docked"
Tom Waits "Alice"
Ani DiFranco "Swan Dive"
John Barry "Somewhere in Time"
Stevie Ray Vaughan "All Your Love I Miss Loving"
Portishead "Glory Box"
Horace Silver "Song for My Father"
Cat Stevens "Trouble"
Barbra Streisand "A Piece of Sky"
George Michael or Michael Bublé "Kissing a Fool"
Elvis Presley "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'"
Madonna "Love Tried to Welcome Me"
Judy Garland "The Man That Got Away"
Damien Rice "Rootless Tree"
Justin Hayward & John Lodge "I Dreamed Last Night"
Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose "Too Late to Turn Back Now"
Alpha "Sometime Later"
Rage Against the Machine "Maggie's Farm"
Bill Conti "Philadelphia Morning"
Vladimir Vysotsky "Fastidious Horses"
Michael Nyman "Dreams of a Journey"
and "Danny Boy"

3 comments:

Cerpts said...

Hoopty-HAH!!!!! You know how much I love these lists!!!! Love it! Love it!

Of course, I'm rather partial to the cover version of Tom Waits' "Alice".

Cerpts said...

But no fair! How come I don't have half of 'em. I'm kinda an amateur when it comes to music, I guess.

Cerpts said...

Wait a minute! How can you whittle your favourite songs down to 25?!?!?!? I have 7007 favourite songs myself.