Sunday, December 13, 2009

Anthony Kiedis

In my younger years, I was quite the Chili Peppers fan. However, my gentleman of choice was bass player extraordinaire, Flea. Anthony seemed too much the pretty boy and I always seem to dig the underdog. Anyhow, I was watching the documentary "America the Beautiful" with Fr. Michael on Thursday night and Kiedis said something I found so endearing that days later, I was still captured by it. He was asked for his idea of what beautiful is and without hesitation he told director Darryl Roberts, who was off camera, that he was beautiful. You could hear the shock from Roberts as he inquired as to why. Anthony Kiedis told him that it was his gentle handshake. What a unique and sincere compliment. I was not expecting this response and have a new found respect for Mr. Kiedis. I deem him, delightful.

No comments: