Monday, October 30, 2023

October 2023 Books - Spooky Edition!

♥ 'Salem's Lot ¹ by Stephen King - Every October I so love to revisit this brilliant, brilliant story. My memory isn't what it once was and there are so many moments I forget until I hear them again. King did an incredible job of setting up the characters so that you really care about them and even though I knew what I was getting in to, I still somehow believed that maybe it would turn out to be just a nice story about the inhabitants of this small New England town. Maybe this time around it'll all work out. But that's just never gonna happen. But even though the bad guy kills some wonderful characters and the ending isn't 100% happy-happy, as soon as it ends, I wanna play it all over again. Oh and Ron McLarty's narration? In a word, stupendous. I'm already looking forward to next October when I can relive it one more time.

* Follow Me Halloween
♥ How Spider Saved Halloween
♥ Dragon's Halloween - ADORABLE!

The Haunted Library - The Underground Ghosts - Grabbed this book at Baldwin’s Book Barn a while back, or maybe one of the Little Free Library boxes. It was okay. 

♥ Vlad The Fabulous Vampire
♥ Gustavo The Shy Ghost
♥ Leila The Perfect Witch by Flavia Z. Drago
♥ The Exorcist ¹ by William Peter Blatty
♥ Yours Cruelly, Elvira ¹ by Cassandra Peterson
Demon Dentist ¹ by David Walliams
* The Berenstain Bears Trick or Treat by Stan & Jane Berenstain

¹ - audiobook
² - abridged version
* - liked
♥ - loved
Any unmarked titles were, in my opinion, so-so.

No comments: