Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Recipe to Get Well Fast

I pretty much never get sick. And by that I mean, I get sick maybe twice a year and it is always a sore throat and stuffy nose. No flu or anything crazy, just a regular common cold. I have that now and I am less than pleased about it. Since I also never go to the doctor (unless it's my dentist, whom I adore), here is my personal remedy for the common cold. Works every time, well, for me at least...

Medicine (I am a nerd and always follow the directions on the box):

Airborne
Ibuprofen
Benadryl
Saline spray or (fun!) a Neti Pot

Drink:

Pineapple Juice
Green Tea
White Tea
HONEY!
Water (filtered, of course)
Joe Cross Mean Green Juice with extra ginger
Single Malt Scotch (in lieu of Benadryl)

Eat:

Soup
Popsicles if my throat is in agony (especially Chloe's Fruit Pops in Chocolate!)

Watch a classic Nick at Nite lineup of:

The Dick Van Dyke Show
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
All in the Family
Taxi
Maude
Bosom Buddies
Three's Company
M*A*S*H
WKRP in Cincinnati
Sledge Hammer
Moonlighting (mostly season one)
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
and just because I love it and it makes me super happy, Pushing Daisies.

If I focus on convincing myself that I feel healthy and laugh as often as possible I soon find myself on the mend. Oh, and I almost forgot - I always use my humidifier!! Now that's nerdy.

No comments: