Tuesday, June 29, 2010

About-Face, ladies!

A little more than 6 months ago I stumbled across a fabulous organization called About-Face. Their goal is to change the way females see themselves, to call out the companies that portray women and girls as objects, and to teach the world that females are as diverse and fabulous as males and should be treated as equals and I think that is fantastic.
I have a slew of charities that I select from and donate to each month and today in my mailbox I found a handwritten note from Evelyn Kim who thanked me for last week's donation and told me of her work with About-Face. It was such a nice surprise and it totally made my day. Go on and check out their site and see for yourself because what they are doing is monumentally important.

(this is the pin i bought from about-face's shop that is stuck on my army hat. i love it.)

No comments: